VIDEO: How my gear changed in the desert, how will it change in the snowy andes, and how has it changed with Wombat the Adventure Dog?
The full list:
[1.51] The hiking trailer is a Monowalker Flatmate
- Weight: 9.8kg (+ Harness and bags)
- Load capacity: 70kg
[4.11] SLEEP SYSTEM
- Thermorest Z Lite foam mat
- Sea to Summit Etherlight XT insulated air mat
- Sea to Summit Aeros ultralight pillow
- Sea to Summit Flame women’s sleeping bag
- Sea to Summit Marino sleeping bag liner
[7.05] SUN PROTECTION
- Truckette hat
- Cycling gloves
[7.23] FOOD BAG
- Sea to Summit trowel and toilet paper
- Repair kit: multi tool, knife, super glue, gorilla tape, nail clippers, needle and thread
- Cooking set, Soto Windmaster with igniter, Sea to Summit Alpha pot set 1.1, pot cosy (How to make a pot cosy)
- Garmin Inreach tracker
- Pepper spray
- Fake wallet
- Cart kit: electrical tape, spare tube, leavers, straps, lock system, straps, zip ties
- Bullet Journal diary
- Kühl hiking shirt (desert)
- Pins To Kill tights (desert)
- Rab sunshirt (desert)
- Rab fleece
- Outdoor Research jacket
- 4 socks: Icebreaker night socks, snow socks, Darn Tough socks (desert), Armaskin antiblister socks
- Thermal hiking shirt
- Outdoor Research Helium rain clothes
- Blackmilk clothing “toasty” tights
- The North Face nuptse jacket
- Hoka One One: Bondi (one size larger)
- Thongs: www.swamisz.com.au
- XTM Marino gloves
[21.40] FIRST AID KIT
Meds for: Severe pain, cramps, vomiting, diarrhoea, inflamation, altitude, cold and flu, antibiotics, with a letter from my GP
… I’ve used all of them except altitude which is a precaution for the coming weeks.
Wombat: Antibiotics, sever painkiller, worming, flees and tick treatment
- Strapping tape
- Marker pen
- Hair tie
- TNF triarch tent
- Sea to Summit escapist 15D tarp
- DJI Mavic air
Other bag left out:
- Garmin etrex 20 + battery recharger
- Head torch
- Goal zero battery
- USB Wall adapter, international converter, cords
- Head torch
- Rear bike light
[25.02] WOMBAT’S KIT
- Dog lead
- Tethering line
- Ruffwear backpack
- Water bottle
- TNF thermoball jacket
- Sea to Summit SI Seat
- Poo bags
- Momax tripod
- Moment phone lens
- Cheapy phone microphone
- Sea to Summit dry bags
[27.18] Thank you
Olivia at Wasipunko Ecolodge
AND to Guy and Cheryl who shouted me a few nights accomodation!! 🤩
[28.27] The ring
Wanna help me, sponsor me, or motivate me?
Here’s how people have been helping (bribing) me forward:
1) Luggage mules
If you’re planning a trip to Peru this year, or Ecuador… and you’re happy to bring me a jacket, or some tights, or a set of dog booties… please contact me!
If you’re skilled at Rogaining this will be right up your ally as travelling to the country is half the challenge. Once you arrive we’ll either need to find a service that can deliver the goods… or better yet – provide you access to my LIVE tracker so you can track me down!
Promise I’ll be somewhere worth the adventure!!
2) Clothes, equipment, pro-skills, and audiobooks
You can contribute towards specific equipment via instructions here, which will then be waiting for a luggage mule…
3) Ice cream, hot chocolates and dog toys for the road.
These delightful variations from rice and stock cubes are made via a fee free PayPal service.
❗️BE AWARE – Contributions are made in $USD (I can’t change it), and the icecreams I like cost 50c so be careful with how generous you are! Any problems, shoot me an email!
The more people who know about us, the more chances we’ll receive sponsorship (oh pleaaaaase phone companies!!!), and the more likely we are to finish!!!! Please talk about us, even the bad, and have your friends join us through the calamities!!
5) MOST IMPORTANTLY – Keep checking in
I love having you with me. It’s no longer possible to respond to emails and one-on-one update requests, but know I read all of them, and appreciate you.
THANK YOU – If it wasn’t for the community, I wouldn’t be out here arguing with Wombat about why he has to wear his backpack. Yep. That’s happening.
Lucy + Wombat